1.08.2013

The January Cure: Day 5

Day Five's task in the January Cure is to choose one project to complete that will make a noticeable difference. Hmmm...I've already done a few small projects, and looking through my list, almost everything falls into three categories: stuff I need to buy, stuff I need to clean, and stuff I need to rearrange. I've already made good progress and have been able to cross off a few things each day.

This got me thinking that my project is really to make and maintain a list of stuff to work on, beyond the stretch of this month. At work, I rely on my hand-written to-do list, automatic calendar reminders, and an organized e-mail inbox to get things done. How come I'm not implementing any of this at home? I love to cross things off of lists!

So, I'm going to continue to tackle little projects each day. We all have little things that annoy us (like the broken clock in our bathroom that I just replaced today!) or need to be addressed, but that we keep putting off. Spending 10 or 20 minutes each day tackling one of these little projects should lead to greater peace of mind. Having a clean, orderly space really does have a direct impact on my mood and state of mind, so staying on top of those little tasks can really make a difference.

Anybody with any bigger home-improvement projects that you want to work on?

No comments:

Post a Comment